After School FAQs
- How Do I Register? Program registration will be provided by SCIENCE FUN. Parents can register and pay online at The After School Registration Page
- Where are the classes located?
The After School SCIENCE FUN Club will be located at your child’s school, immediately following the regular school day. There is no need to transport your child as they will never leave the school. (Yay, no carpool today!)
- What Age or Grade Level does my child need to be to participate?
All students, grades K – 5 can participate in the after school science club. SCIENCE FUN offers instruction in an age and grade appropriate manner to ensure each participant benefits from the activities.
- Do I need to be at the school to take my child to the Science Club? No, it is not necessary for you to be there. We have arranged a dismissal procedure and students will go straight to the After-School Science Club meeting room when they are released from their teacher.
- Who are the SCIENCE FUN Instructors? We will have 2 instructors with each class of students. All after-school instructors are background checked, trained and qualified teachers. All have classroom experience or have worked with groups of elementary aged children in other settings.
- Do I need to Supply Anything? SCIENCE FUN provides all the supplies and equipment required to run the after-school program. Our certified instructors arrive at least 15 minutes before the class begins for set up. At the end of the class, we will make sure the room is left cleaner than we found it and all students are dismissed appropriately.
- What is the Class size? We have a minimum enrollment of 15 students and a maximum of 25 students per class. Each class will have 2 instructors to ensure plenty of interaction. Once a class is filled to capacity, a waiting list will be available. If the waiting list reaches 15 students, we will then offer a 2nd day at your school, based on classroom and instructor availability. A program may be conducted even if the class minimum is not met, at the discretion of SCIENCE FUN.
- What does my child need to wear? We will be doing many different Hands-on Science experiments and WILL get messy!
Ee always recommend wearing “play clothes” on days your child will be attending Science Club.
- What if my child is already in the after-school program at their school?: As soon as we are finished with our experiments, the students will be escorted back to the after-school program.
- What is the Cancellation and Refund Policy?: Full refunds are issued up to 30 days prior to the start of the class. Cancellations within 30 days will be subject to a $15 fee per registrant. Refunds are not available once the program begins.
- What is the Class make up policy? If the program is unable to be completed on the regularly scheduled day due to a Holiday or class cancellation, then the program will be offered on a different day. If this happens, you will be notified immediately of the make-up date. We do not make up classes for students that miss an individual class because of appointments, illnesses, etc.
- What do we need from your school? Students ready to have FUN, get messy and learn! In order to offer a quality science club, SCIENCE FUN will also need to utilize sufficient classroom space with water access and electricity. We will also need to communicate sufficiently ahead of time in order to make sure we have the most organized and safe arrival and pick up procedures for the students.
- What are the Parent and Student Expectations? SCIENCE FUN strives to provide a fun and safe atmosphere for all children participating in our classes. We encourage children to work together and use a variety of positive discipline techniques to redirect if there is any negative behavior. A parent is only contacted for help if the child consistently distracts other students—despite our best efforts. Parents are encouraged to ask their children about their experience with the program and provide SCIENCE FUN with feedback. Finally, we ask that children be picked up promptly at dismissal time.