Frequently Asked Questions about Camps
Science Fun For Everyone has redesigned our Science camps to comply with local, state, and CDC guidelines to provide a safe and fun experience for campers.
ScienceFun is a longstanding family favorite for summer enrichment. While camp will operate a little differently this year to ensure camper and scientist health and safety, we PROMISE it will be fun, creative, educational, and memorable!
What will stay the same at Science Camp this summer?
- Same great caring and professional fun Scientists
- Same great experiments, fun activities and games
- Fun take-home experiments (please let us know in advance if you would NOT like your child to take-home their experiments/activities)
- And many of the same great camp experiences that makes our camp a family favorite!
What will be different at Science Camp this summer?
- Our camp sizes will be smaller
- Increased cleaning and sanitation throughout the day
- Children will be required to wash their hands more frequently
- Face masks for the staff and campers
- Increased hand sanitation stations
- Carpool drop-off and pick-up area
- Social distancing reminders and smaller groups
- Professional cleaning service -provided by Environment Control, every evening after the campers leave
- More outdoor activities, including snack and lunchtime (weather permitting)
- Campers will remain with the same camp staff for the entire week
- Health screenings and temperature checks will take place each day
What to Bring?
A backpack or bag with:
-a mask for your child(ren)
-a non-refrigerated lunch (pizza lunch for purchase is also available)
-bottled water or a water bottle
-a device for virtual school, including power cord (if needed)
-headphones (if needed)
-school supplies (paper, pencil, etc) (if needed)
Please label all items.
Do You Offer Discounts?
-a 5% sibling discount
-a 5% multi-camp discount
WHAT ABOUT CARPOOL?
Carpool will be necessary to minimize the intermingling of groups and allow for social distancing. We ask for your patience as new protocols may extend drop-off and pick-up times. Adults and siblings must remain in the car and are asked not to enter camp spaces.
HEALTH AND SAFETY?
All ScienceFun families must comply with the following protocols to create a safe camp environment this summer. These protocols may change as local, state, and CDC guidelines are revised.
- Parents will be asked to answer health screening questions about campers each day
- Campers and staff will engage in increased handwashing and use of hand sanitizer upon arrival, departure, before and after eating, before and after bathroom use, and between activities.
- Campers will learn how to social distance in all camp spaces and we will do our best to make this fun!
SAFE CAMP PARTICIPATION STANDARDS?
ScienceFun requires staff and campers to meet health screening criteria in order to ensure a safe camp experience. Please review the requirements below to ensure that your child is eligible to participate before registering and prior to attending.
Eligible to Participate
No symptoms of COVID-19.
No travel to/from high-risk areas as defined by the CDC.
No prolonged contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Ineligible to Participate
Showing symptoms of COVID-19.
Living in a household with someone diagnosed with, showing symptoms of, or confirmed exposure to COVID-19.
Traveled to/from high-risk areas as defined by the CDC.
Campers who show any signs of illness or fever during the camp day will need to be picked up immediately. Siblings will also be required to leave camp for the day. Campers and siblings may return to camp only after being fever-free and symptom-free for three days without medicine.
ScienceFun is so excited and can’t wait to provide a fun and educational camp experience for your child! We appreciate your patience, flexibility, and graciousness as we have made adjustments over the past few months and as we continue to do so throughout the summer. Our Science Camp will run smoothly with Health, Safety and Fun as our top priorities.
Science Fun For Everyone has suffered a huge financial hit from the closures and changes. Your support will help us bounce back better than ever! Thank you
Q: What are the camp hours?
A: Full Day Camp: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Lunch and “Brain Break Fun” 12:00pm -1:00pm
Half Day Camp, AM: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Q: Do you offer early drop off or late pick-up?
A: Early arrival and/or late pick-up can be added to your camp package. If you sign up for early arrival, your camper may be dropped off at 8:00 am. After camp-care is available until 5:00pm.
Q: What is the difference between a Full Day and a Half Day Camp?
A: The child in the Full Day Program does twice as many activities as the child in the Half Day Program. The 2 sessions will also have different science subjects and experiments.
Q: My Child has already attended a Science Fun “In-school field trip”… is Science Camp different?
A: YES, completely different! Many new experiments are designed each year for a FULL week of Hands-on Fun!
Q: Is there a camp that is better for older/younger children?
A: All camps are designed for the older/younger group. The children are grouped by ages so the Scientists explain and implement experiments at an age-appropriate level. Camps are designed for grades K-6th
Q: What is your inclement weather policy and do you offer refunds in the event of a closing?
A: Safety is our number one priority, for our staff and our campers. If our staff can safely make it to the Lab, then we will be open. If not, then we will close. We will do our best to make up any missed experiments during the remainder of the camp. No partial refunds are offered for weather closings.
Q: Can I request children to be in the same group?
A: YES, Please do… camp is fun and friends should be together! Please provide this information on the Registration form or talk with any of the Scientist’s on the first day of camp. They must remain together in the same group for the entire week.
Q: Is payment due in full when I register?
A: You must submit payment in full to reserve a spot for your child. If you are using the on-line registration system you may pay by credit card or echeck.
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: (1) Cancellations that occur 30 days or more prior to the start of camp will receive a full refund, minus a $15 processing fee.
(2) Cancellations that occur between 14 to 30 days prior to the start of camp, will receive a full refund, minus a $50 Cancellation fee.
(3) If Cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the start of camp, 50% of paid fees will be refunded or a full camp credit may be issued for future camps.
(4) No refunds will be issued once camp begins.
(5) Should your child be removed from a camp due to behavioral issues, there will be no refund.
Q: Who are the SCIENCE FUN for Everyone! Camp Counselors “Scientist”?
A: All of our Scientists are degreed professionals that have experience working in elementary school classrooms, year-round. They are passionate about having fun, learning and children! In addition, all of our staff members go through a background check and the Lunsford Act check. We take the safety of your children very seriously.
Q: Can I sign my child up for more than one camp?
A: Yes, of course… in fact, we encourage it and offer multi camp discounts. We offer a wide variety of camps for every scientific interest and our average camper enrolls in 2-camps per year. Many of our campers enroll for 4 one-week sessions giving them the chance to build long-lasting friendships and not miss out on any cool science experiences. We offer the sessions in one-week, daily and half-day increments to allow Science Fun families to cater their camp experience to their own schedule and interest.
Q: How old does my child have to be to attend Science Fun Camp?
A: Due to the pace of our programs, we require that all campers have at least started Kindergarten before the start of their camp.