- Ice Tray
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Baking Soda
- Fill up ice tray with vinegar. Add food color if you desire.
- Put ice tray in freezer for four to six hours.
- Pop out your Vinegar Pops and dip them in a plate of baking soda.
- Wait a few minutes and watch the bubbling begin.
How it Works:
When you have an acid (vinegar) and a base (baking soda) mixed together there is a chemical reaction. That chemical reaction releases carbon dioxide and results in the bubbling.
- If you did try it with food coloring, try doing it without it and vice versa.
- Add popsicle sticks to the the ice trays when you freeze the vinegar. Does it work better, worse, or the same?
- Try doing the experiment with citric acid instead of vinegar. Some examples of citric acid would be lemon or lime juice.