- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 cup shaving cream
- Food Coloring
- Pour the cup of corn starch into a large bowl. Use a spoon to scoop the shaving cream on top of it. Put 5-10 drops of food coloring on top. Stir to mix.
- When the mixture looks like grated cheese, use your hands to squish the mixture even more.
- Pretty soon the shaving cream and corn starch will form a ball, about the same texture as dough.
- If your mixture is really wet and sticky after mixing, it needs a little more corn starch. If it won’t stick together and falls into pieces, add a little more shaving cream.
- That’s it! Try sculpting snow angels, snowmen, or make a tiny snow fort!
How does it work?
The tiny pieces of corn starch get mixed into the shaving cream and suspended in the mixture. Shaving cream is mad of tiny tiny bubbles, and the surface tension on the surface of the bubbles helps ‘float’ the corn starch particles when the two mix.
Science Fun For Everyone: Science Explorer Kit
You can now enjoy the excitement and educational entertainment of a Science Fun For Everyone Science Camp in the comfort of your own home! The Science Fun For Everyone: Science Explorer kit was designed and hand packed by the scientists at the Science Fun For Everyone laboratories in Cary, North Carolina. Each experiment was specifically chosen to not only educate, but excite. The student will explore chemical reactions, super absorbent polymers, rocks and minerals, weather, space, the oceans, crystals, slime and much much more! Please click here or on the images below to view our science kit on Amazon.