SCIENCE FUN For Everyone, SFFE is delighted to be visiting your classroom. In order for you and your class to have the best possible science experience, please read the Frequently asked questions and hints below.
To provide information to your students’ parents about the field trip, simply download the greetings flyer HERE and either:
- Email it directly to your parents (cut down on paper waste) or
- Print it out to send home with the students
- 5.E.1 Understand weather patterns and phenomena, making connections to the weather in a particular place and time.
- 5.E.1.1 Compare daily and seasonal changes in weather conditions and patterns.
- 5.E.1.2 Predict upcoming weather events from weather data collected through observation and measurements.
- 5.E.1.3 Explain how global patterns such as the jet stream and water currents influence local weather in measurable terms such as temperature, wind direction and speed, and precipitation.
- Arrange desks/tables into 4 groups
- Please place a small table or desk for the Scientist to use in front of the classroom
- Allow the Scientist to use a portion of your white/chalk board
- Please provide a trash can at the front of the classroom
- Remain in the classroom with your students (for liability reasons)
- If necessary, help maintain appropriate classroom behavior
- We do not require help, but always encourage any teacher or parent participation and support.
Brief Feedback Form:
We would greatly appreciate a moment of your time, to fill out a very brief feedback form. We are always looking to improve our experience for the students, and your feedback is how we do that!