SCIENCE FUN For Everyone, SFFE is delighted to be visiting your classroom. In order for you and your class to have the best possible science experience, please read the Frequently asked questions and hints below.
To provide information to your students’ parents about the field trip, simply download the greetings flyer HERE and either:
- Email it directly to your parents (cut down on paper waste) or
- Print it out to send home with the students
- 3.L.2 Understand how plants survive in their environments.
- 3.L.2.1 Remember the function of the following structures as it relates to the survival of plants in their environments: roots, stems, leaves, and flowers.
- 3.L.2.2 Explain how environmental conditions determine how well plants survive and grow.
- 3.L.2.3 Summarize the distinct stages of the life cycle of seed plants.
- 3.L.2.4 E Explain how the basic properties and components of soil determine the ability of soil to support the growth and survival of many plants.
- Arrange desks/tables into 2 groups
- Please place a small table or desk for the Scientist to use in front of the classroom
- Allow the Scientist to use a portion of your white/chalk board
- Please provide a trash can at the front of the classroom
- Remain in the classroom with your students (for liability reasons)
- If necessary, help maintain appropriate classroom behavior
- We do not require help, but always encourage any teacher or parent participation and support.
Brief Feedback Form:
We would greatly appreciate a moment of your time, to fill out a very brief feedback form. We are always looking to improve our experience for the students, and your feedback is how we do that!