Why Is Summer So Hot Weather Science Experiment
In this fun and easy science experiment, we’re going to explore and investigate weather by learning why it is so hot in the summer.
- Black sheet of construction paper
- Lay the black sheet of construction paper in the sun for one minute.
- Feel the piece of paper.
- Now lay the piece of black construction paper in the sun for five minutes.
- Feel the paper again. The longer the paper stays in the sun, the hotter it gets. The amount of heat increase because it is absorbed and retained.
- One reason the summer feels hotter is that the sun shines longer in the summer.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
The simple answer is that the sun shines longer in the summer and the longer the sun shines, the hotter it gets. The sun’s rays also hit the Earth at a steep angle in the summer increasing the amount of solar energy focused on one area and contributing to the increased heat in summer.
Make This A Science Project:
Incorporate a thermometer and measure the temperature on the black construction paper after a specific amount of time. Then try condensing the sunlight with a magnifying glass or mirror and record the temperature after the same amount of time.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!