Which Water Leaks Faster Science Experiment
In this fun and easy science experiment, we’re going to determine which water leaks faster, hot or cold water.
- Two paper cups
- Straight pin
- Two small glasses
- Ice cubes
- Hot water
- Set the glasses on a table.
- Poke a small hole in the center of the bottom of each paper cup.
- Fill one paper cup with cold water and ice cubes. Place the paper cup filled with cold water on top of one of the small glasses.
- Fill the other paper cup with hot water. Set the paper cup filled with hot water on top of the other small glass.
- Observe which cup leaks faster.
How it Works:
The hot water molecules are more active and fall through the hole easier. The cold water molecules are moving much slower and do not fall through the hole as easy.
Make This A Science Project:
Try adding salt to the water. Try creating a larger but equal sized hole in each cup.