Water In The Air Weather Science Experiment
In this fun and easy science experiment, we’re going to explore and investigate weather by learning about water in the air.
- Empty tin can with the label removed
- Food coloring
- Ice cubes
- Fill the can with ice cubes.
- Now add a drop of food coloring and then fill the rest of the can with water.
- After five to ten minutes, water droplets will begin forming on the side of the can.
- The drops are not colored so they could not be leaking from the can.
How it Works:
Water vapor in the air around the can has been cooled by the ice. Air molecules slow down when they become cold and move closer together and change into liquid form.
Make This A Science Project:
Try this experiment with hot water. Try this experiment with a glass jar. Try adding salt to the water.