Walking On Eggs Magic Science Experiment
In this fun and easy magic science experiment, we’re going to use science to walk on raw eggs without breaking them.
- Newspaper or drop cloth
- Six dozen eggs still in the cartons
- Lay down some newspaper on the floor.
- Open the egg cartons and line the up end to end in two rows. There should be three cartons in each row.
- Take off your shoes and socks.
- Step carefully with one foot up onto the eggs.
- Now bring your other foot up onto the eggs.
- Gently walk across the eggs while keeping your feet as flat as possible.
How it Works:
When you step barefoot on the eggs, your foot is big enough that your weight spreads out across the eggs. This distribution of weight keeps the eggs from breaking. The arched shape of the egg also helps keep it from breaking.
Make This A Science Project:
Try stacking books on the eggs. Take away eggs. Try walking on eggs with socks. Try walking on eggs with shoes.