Use Straws To Reduce Friction Force And Motion Science Experiment
In this fun and easy force and motion science experiment for kids, we’re going to use straws to reduce friction and easily move some heavy books.
- Heavy book
- Several drinking straws
- Place the book on a flat surface and slide it about a foot.
- Observe the amount of strength required to move the book.
- Place several straws under the book.
- Now observe the amount of strength required to move the book about a foot.
- The straws roll and reduce the friction.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
The straws are smooth and reduce the friction between the book and the flat surface. This reduction of friction will allow the book to move much more easily when placed on top of the smooth straws.
Make This A Science Project:
Try the book on different surfaces like sand paper. Try placing other items like marbles under the book to try and reduce friction. Try placing the book on toy cars.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!