The Mind of a Student
- 2 Film Canisters and Lids
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 Halves of an Alka-Seltzer
- 1 Aluminum Pan
- Place both film canisters in the aluminum pan.
- Fill one canister to the half-way point with vegetable oil and the other canister with water.
- Drop the half of Alka-Seltzer into the vegetable oil canister and cap it. Then do the same thing with the water canister, and back away for safety.
- Watch from a safe distance until one of them explodes. Which one was it?
WATCH THE QUICK AND EASY VIDEO TUTORIAL
How it Works:
Like school, some environments can be filled with excitement, other environments can be dull and boring. One canister is lively and bubbly because of the chemical reaction that happens within the canister and the other is struggling for a reaction.
- What happens if you turn the canister over after putting the lid on?
- What if you try salt water, does that affect the results?
- What if you fill the entire canister with water or with vegetable oil? Does it change the results?
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!