Sweet Tooth Human Body Science Experiment
In this fun and easy human body science experiment for kids, we’re going to what sweet and sugary soda can do to real teeth.
- Tooth – A tooth is most likely not available but you can use and egg as a substitute.
- If you happen to have a tooth lying around or you are able to get one, this is a great demonstration.
- Put some cola in the glass.
- Drop the tooth in the glass for at least one week.
- Check the tooth after a week and observe any changes.
How it Works:
Soda is high in acid. The acid in soda will dissolve the minerals in teeth which will weaken them and allow them the potential to decay.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different types of sodas. Try sugar free sodas. Try brushing the tooth with different toothpastes and observe any differences.