Super Cool Soda
- 1 (or 2) bottles of water, soda, or juice
- Put the bottle into the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Wait 45 minutes.
- Test to see if it is supercooled: put an ice cube in a glass and pour a little liquid out of the bottle. If it is supercooled, it will turn the consistency of a milkshake.
- If it is still completely liquid, put the bottle back into the freezer with the lid screwed on for 15 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have a supercool treat. If your bottle freezes solid in the freezer, you can try the backup bottle (if you used two bottles) or run the frozen bottle under warm water until it thaws.
WATCH THE QUICK AND EASY VIDEO TUTORIAL
How does it work?
Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit, 0 degrees Celsius. It is possible to bring it below 32 degrees F, but usually only for a little while, and only if there are no ice crystals formed in the water yet. Once the supercool water forms a crystal or touches another piece of ice, it freezes in a hurry!
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!