Super Bubble Solution Cool Science Experiment
In this fun and easy science experiment, we’re going to make a cool super bubble solution to explore and investigate.
- Distilled water
- Light corn syrup
- Empty container with lid
- Liquid dish soap (Do not use any “Ultra” branded liquid soaps)
- Measuring cups
- Put six cups of water into the container.
- Slowly stir one cup of liquid dish soap into the water. Do so in a way that does not cause bubbles or foam to form.
- Add ¼ cup of light corn syrup to the soap and water solution. Stir the solution until it is mixed thoroughly, again making sure not to make any bubbles.
- Allow the solution to sit overnight.
- Dip a bubble wand or straw into the solution and create a bubble.
How it Works:
A bubble pops when the water evaporates. The corn syrup will thicken the water and slow down the evaporation process. This is why the super bubble solution will allow the bubble to last longer.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different brands of liquid dish soap. Try making a sugar solution and using it instead of corn syrup. Try using pancake syrup.