Sunscreen And Skin Human Body Science Experiment
In this fun and easy human body science experiment for kids, we’re going to explore skin and sunscreen.
- Sunscreen lotion
- Black or dark colored construction paper
- Fold the construction paper in half to create two sections.
- Put a small dab of sunscreen on one side of the paper. Rub it in to the construction paper ensuring to keep the sunscreen on just one side of the paper.
- Put the paper in direct sunlight for most of the day.
- Observe any changes to the paper.
How it Works:
In this experiment, the construction paper acted as our skin. The area not protected by sunscreen should have faded throughout the day demonstrating the sunscreen’s ability to protect human skin.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different brands of sunscreen. Try different SPFs of sunscreen.