Stab A Potato Force And Motion Experiment
In this fun and easy force and motion science experiment for kids, we’re going to stab a potato with a straw.
- Hold the straw in your writing hand.
- Place your thumb over the top end of the straw.
- Make sure your hand holding the potato is out of the way.
- Now thrust the straw straight into the potato with one strong push.
- The straw should stab into the potato without bending.
How it Works:
Your thumb will trap air inside the straw. By trapping the air, the air molecules will compress and give your straw strength that keeps it from bending as you stab it through the potato.
Make This A Science Project:
Try this experiment with different sized straws. Try this experiment with other vegetables and fruits.