Sprouting Seeds Botany And Biology Science Experiment
In this fun and easy botany and biology science experiment for kids, we’re going to explore sprouting seeds.
- Shallow dish
- Magnifying dish
- Place the sponge in the shallow dish.
- Add water to the dish. Make sure the sponge remains above the water level.
- Sprinkle seeds on the sponge and push them gently into the sponge.
- Place the seeds in a sunny location for three or four days.
- Observe the seeds for cracking and sprouting with your magnifying glass.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
By placing the seeds on the sponge instead of in soil, we are able to observe the seeds sprouting. The water in the sponge will trigger the seeds to begin sprouting.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different types of seeds. Try placing the seeds on the sponge in a dark space. Try placing the seeds on the sponge in the refrigerator.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!