- 4 oz cup
- Green pipe cleaner – 1/2 inch
- 2 Googly Eyes
- Black pipe cleaner – 1 inch
- Big Mixing Bowl
- 3 drops of red and yellow food coloring
- Acetic Acid
- Prep pumpkin by using pipe cleaner, and googly eyes to make cup look like an upside down pumpkin. The bottom of the cup will be the face.
- In mixing bowl, add baking soda and food coloring to water until baking soda becomes orange packable dough, not runny or watery. You should be able to shape it into a ball. (Use gloves if necessary)
- Fill prepped cup to the brim with your baking soda concoction.
- Freeze experiment. When frozen, flip cup over on a plate and push the pumpkin out of the cup.
- Use pipette and vinegar to put drops or squirts of vinegar onto your pumpkin . Watch it turn into mush just like a real pumpkin over time!
VIDEO COMING SOON BUT YOU CAN STILL ENJOY THESE AWESOME EXPERIMENTS!
How It Works:
Acids and Bases can erupt in your faces! Acetic Acid (Vinegar, a liquid) + Base (Baking Soda, a solid)= Carbon Dioxide (Bubbles, a gas).
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!