- Corn Starch
- Flat bottom container or tray
- Optional – Bath coloring tablets
- Optional – Put a bath coloring tablet in the water. Avoid food coloring as it stains hands and is hard to remove.
- Use your hands to mix about two cups of cornstarch with one cup of water in the tray.
- Enjoy your super easy to make Outrageous Oobleck.
How it Works:
The corn starch and water mixture we call Outrageous Oobleck is a non-Newtonian as it can act as a liquid or solid. Allowing Outrageous Oobleck to flow through your fingers will act as a liquid but a quick force on oobleck will cause it to behave as a solid.
Make This A Science Project:
What happen when you increase the water to corn starch ratio? What happens if you use a different liquid than water? What happens if you introduce another ingredient such as dish soap or baking soda?