Mini Marshmallow Launcher
Learn how to make a fun little mini marshmallow launcher with this super easy motion science experiment.
- Pool noodle
- Mini marshmallows
- Masking tape
- Use the scissors to carefully cut an approximately 3 inch piece from one end of the pool noodle.
- Tie a knot in the balloon as if you had just blown it up.
- Cut the top end off of the balloon.
- Stretch the balloon over the piece of pool noodle. Center the knot over the hole in the center of the pool noodle.
- Once centered, use the tape to secure the balloon in place.
- Put a mini marshmallow into the launcher.
- Pull back the knot and launch the mini marshmallow.
- Set up some targets and have fun playing with your Mini Marshmallow Launcher.
How it Works:
The balloon is elastic and will stretch easily. When you pull the balloon and let it go, the balloon will return to its original shape. While doing so, it will carry the mini marshmallow with it and send it flying through the pool noodle.
Make This A Science Project:
Use different sized balloons or other elastic material to see if the distance the mini marshmallow goes increases or decreases. Try different sized tubes. Try different sized marshmallows.