Make Your Reflection Disappear Magic Science Experiment
In this fun and easy science experiment, we’re going to show you how to make your reflection disappear. Being able to make your reflection disappear may seem like magic but we will show you it’s just science.
- Roll of aluminum foil
- Cut a 10 inch square of foil from the roll. Use scissors to avoid creating any wrinkles in the foil.
- Look at your reflection in the shiny side of the foil.
- Now crinkle up the foil in a way that doesn’t cause creases as you will need to flatten it out.
- Flatten out the foil.
- Now look for your reflection.
- Your reflection will have vanished.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
Light reflects from the smooth foil surface in straight lines directly back at you enabling you to be able to see your reflection. Even though your are able to flatten out the crumpled foil, the wrinkled and scrunched surface send the reflected light in all directions making your reflection seem to magically disappear.
Make This A Science Project:
Try folding the foil into squares with sharp crease to see if it changes your reflection.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!