Make A Water Filter Science Experiment
In this fun and easy water science experiment, we’re going to make a water filter.
- Two baking pans
- Empty two liter bottle
- Medium sized flower pot
- Coffee filter
- Put the coffee filter into the flower pot.
- Put about two inches of pebbles into the bottom of the flower pot.
- Pour sand into the pot until it is about three quarters full.
- Use your funnel to add about a cup of dirt to your two liter soda bottle.
- Fill the bottle nearly full with water.
- Put on the cap and shake the bottle to mix the soil and water.
- Pour some of the muddy water into one of the pans.
- Now set the flower pot in the other pan.
- Slowly pour the muddy water into the flower pot and observe the water that comes out into pan.
- The water will not be very clear at first. Keep working the water through your filter system and compare it to your control sample of muddy water.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
The pebbles and sand act as a natural filter and will help purify the water.
Make This A Science Project:
Try adding food coloring to the water. Try different amounts of pebbles and sand.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!