Make A Marble Run Engineering Science Experiment
In this fun and easy engineering science experiment, we’re going to design and build a marble run.
- Pool noodle or foam pipe insulation
- Marble tape
- Begin by cutting the pool noodle in half. Please use adult supervision and caution during this step.
- Now tape the two halves of the pool noodle together so you have one long piece of track.
- Next find something high like the back of a chair.
- Tape the track to the high item.
- Then put the marble in the groove of the track and let it roll.
- Observe the how the marble travels down the track.
- Next, place a pillow or stack of books under the track to create a bump.
- Release the marble again and observe the changes in the way it travels down the track.
- Keep experimenting with your track!
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
A marble run is a great way to explore gravity and friction. Gravity will pull the marble down the track, while friction will impact the ability of the marble to move along the track.
Make This A Science Project:
Try adjusting the steepness of the drop and observe changes in the marble’s speed. Try lining the track with different materials like cloth, sand paper, or bubble wrap to experiment with friction.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!