Invisible Images Human Body Science Experiment
In this fun and easy human body science experiment, we’re going to explore and investigate seeing things when their actually gone.
- Colored pencils
- 3 x 5 index card
- Cut the index card into halves.
- On one side, draw a bird in the middle of the card.
- On the other side, draw a bird cage in the middle of the card.
- Tape the cards back to back of the end of the pencil.
- Now rub the pencil very quickly between the palms of your hands until the bird seems to appear in the cage.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
The device we have created is actually called a thaumatrope. As the device spins quickly back and forth from image to image, the image persists as there are no significant interruptions to the light entering the eye. This creates the illusion that the bird is in the cage.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different colors, size, and shapes of drawings. Try drawing images on different background colors. Try using glow paint to create images to see if the illusion works in the dark.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!