How To Make A Jumbo Water Bead Balloon
- A large balloon
- Water beads (Orbeez)
- Optional – Hand sanitizer
- Use the funnel and add about 1/4 cup of water beads to the large balloon.
- Still using the funnel, add about a gallon of water to the large balloon.
- Optional – add a squirt or two of hand sanitizer to the balloon. This will help reduce the chance of the water getting moldy after several days.
- Tie your jumbo water bead balloon and let the water beads absorb the water over night.
- Enjoy playing with your jumbo water bead balloon!
How it Works:
The water beads are a super absorbent polymer and as they absorb the water they grow and expand in the balloon.
Make This A Science Project:
What happens if you double or triple the amount of water beads? What happens if you use a liquid other than water? What happens if you use a smaller balloon?