Take instant snow to the next level by adding a glowing effect in this super fun and easy science experiment.
- Instant snow powder
- Glow powder
- UV light
- Set the cup in the tray to contain the snow.
- Add about a tablespoon of instant snow powder to the cup.
- Add about a 1/4 teaspoon of glow powder to the instant snow powder.
- Mix the instant snow powder and glow powder.
- Add several ounces of water to the powder.
- The powder will absorb the water and turn into fake snow.
- Turn off the lights and shine the UV light on the Glow Snow.
- Enjoy playing with your Glow Snow.
WATCH THE QUICK AND EASY VIDEO TUTORIAL
How it Works:
The instant snow powder is a super absorbent polymer. When water is added, the instant snow powder absorbs it quickly and grows to produce fake snow. The addition of the glow powder gives the fake snow a fun glowing effect.
Make This A Science Project:
Try adding different liquids to the snow powder to see if it absorbs at the same rate as water. Try adding things like salt to the instant snow powder to see if it changes the composition of the fake snow. Do different temperatures of water change the rate at which the instant snow absorbs the water?
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!