Easy Invisible Ink Cool Science Experiment
In this cool science experiment, we’re going to make easy invisible ink. Creating invisible ink is a lot of fun and you can even pretend to be a secret undercover agent and keep all of your secret codes and messages concealed from other people. You simply need some general household items to create and enjoy easy invisible ink.
- Lamp or flashlight
- Blank white paper
- Cotton ball
- A lemon or a bottle of real lemon juice
- Squish and squeeze some lemon juice into the bowl and include a few drops of water.
- Stir the water and lemon juice using the spoon.
- Dip the cotton ball into your solution and then use the cotton ball to create a secret message on the blank white paper.
- Allow the lemon juice and water solution to dry completely.
- When your ready to reveal your secret message, warm up the paper by positioning it near a light bulb or holding the beam from a flashlight onto the area where the secret message was written.
- Observe what happens.
How it Works:
Lemon juice contains carbon compounds which are invisible at room temperature. The heat from the light source breaks down the compounds and releases the carbon. Once the carbon interacts with air, it oxidizes and turns brown, revealing your secret message.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different types of citrus fruits and fruit juices. Try different types and colors of paper. Try UV light. Try vinegar.