DIY Science Soda Experiment
In this fun and easy science experiment, we’re going to teach you how to make a fizzy soda using science.
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- Yellow food coloring
- Measuring spoons
- Fill the pitcher about half full with water.
- Add a drop or two of yellow food coloring.
- Add three teaspoons of baking soda to the pitcher of water.
- Next add two tablespoons of sugar to the water and stir the mixture until dissolved.
- Now add two tablespoons of lemon juice and watch your soda come to life.
- Feel free to taste your soda but it may be a little yucky!
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
Your science soda bubbles because you created an endothermic reaction that released carbon dioxide. The baking soda (a base) and the lemon juice (an acid) when combined were the items that caused the chemical reaction and released the carbon dioxide.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different temperatures of water. Try adding different amounts of water. Try adding different amounts of baking soda or lemon juice.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!