Diving Egg Magic Science Experiment
In this fun and easy magic science experiment, we’re going to investigate gravity by making egg dive into a pitcher of water.
- Aluminum pie pan
- Cardboard paper towel tube
- Fill the pitcher halfway with water.
- Place the pie pan over the mouth of the bottle.
- Stand the cardboard tube on end on the pie pan.
- Carefully balance the egg on the end of the cardboard tube so it is positioned over the mouth of the pitcher.
- Quickly pull the pie pan away and observe what happens.
How it Works:
No magic here actually and just more science. When the pie pan is quickly pulled away, the egg stays suspended in midair for a split nanosecond due to inertia. Inertia explains that an object at rest tends to stay at rest. Almost immediately gravity takes over and the egg will fall straight down and land in the pitcher of water.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different objects. Try objects that have different weights. Try longer cardboard tubes.