Dancing Snake Electricity And Magnetism Science Experiment
In this fun and easy electricity and magnetism science experiment we are going demonstrate magnetism and magnetic fields by creating a dancing snake.
- Cotton thread
- Straight pin
- Horseshoe magnet
- Cut about an eight inch length of thread.
- Tie the thread around the head of the straight pin.
- Touch the magnet to the pin and hold the opposite end of the thread with your other hand.
- Pull the magnet away until the thread tightens.
- Slowly pull the magnet away a small distance.
- The pin will suspend in the air.
- Move the magnet around and cause the “snake” to dance.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
Magnets have North and South poles. The same poles repel each other whereas opposite poles attract. The magnetic field of magnets will attract metal objects like the straight pin that contain iron.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different types of items like small nails, bolts, or screws. Try putting material like paper or cardboard between the magnet and straight pin and observe what happens. Try different sized and shaped magnets. Setup two magnets with the same poles facing each other and move the straight pin between the area where the poles repel to observe what occurs.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!