Watch Scientist Joe with his Dancing Candy Hearts Science Experiment here!
- 12 ounce drinking glass
- 8 oz of 7-up or Sprite
- 12 candy conversation hearts
- Fill drinking glass with the soda
- Drop all the conversation hearts into the soda
- Observe the hearts dance up and down in the soda
WATCH THE QUICK AND EASY VIDEO TUTORIAL
How it Works:
The carbon dioxide picks the candy hearts up and throws them to the top of the glass. When they reach the top, the bubbles burst and the candy works its way down again.
- Try doing several glasses, but in each glass have only one color of conversation hearts inside. Does one color of conversation heart do better than others? If so, why could that be?
- Try using several different types of soda (ex. Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Coke, etc.). Which soda works the best?
- Try using diet soda versus regular soda. Which soda works the best?
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!