Crazy Ketchup Kitchen Science Experiment
This quick and easy kitchen science experiment will teach you how to make a ketchup packet do seemingly magical and crazy things.
- Ketchup or any other small condiment packet
- Empty 2-liter soda bottle with cap
- The first thing you will want to do is fill the bowl with some water.
- Place your ketchup packets in the water. You ketchup packets will need to float in order for this science experiment to work.
- After you have found a ketchup packet that floats, put it inside the 2-liter soda bottle.
- Fill the 2-liter soda bottle full to the the rim with water and securely put on the cap.
- The packet should be floating near the top on the bottle.
- Now squeeze the bottle and observe what happens.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
When the ketchup packets are made, a bubble of air gets trapped inside. This bubble of air will cause the ketchup packet to float. When you squeeze the bottle, the air bubble is compressed making it more dense. This will cause the ketchup packet to sink to the bottom of the bottle. Once you release the pressure, the air bubble will expand and cause the ketchup packet to float again.
Make This A Science Project:
Try different types of condiment packets. Add salt to the water to see if this causes the ketchup packet to behave differently when the bottle is squeezed. Try different sized bottles. Test different liquids.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!