Cloud In A Bottle
Learn how to make a cloud in a bottle with this super simple and really cool weather science experiment.
- Empty plastic water bottle with cap
- Isopropyl rubbing alcohol
- Safety goggles
- Use the scissors to carefully remove the label from the plastic water bottle.
- Put on your safety goggles.
- Pour a small amount of alcohol into the bottle.
- Put the cap on the bottle.
- Slowly rotate the bottle so the alcohol coats the inside of the bottle.
- Grab the bottom one third of the bottle and twist. This will create pressure in the bottle.
- Release and watch your Cloud In A Bottle form right before your eyes.
How it Works:
The pressure you created inside the bottle forced the water vapor to compress together, heat up, and evaporate into gas. When you released the pressure, the water vapor molecules cooled quickly and condensed to form a visible Cloud In A Bottle.
Make This A Science Project:
Try the Cloud In A Bottle demonstration is areas that are significantly colder or hotter and record any noticeable differences.