Can You Trick A Vending Machine Electricity And Magnetism Science Experiment
In this fun and easy electricity and magnetism science experiment, we’re going to explore the possibility of tricking a vending machine.
- Three large books
- Bar magnet
- Three metal washers
- Place one book flat on a table.
- Stack another book on top of the first one.
- Now lean the last book against the two stacked books to form a ramp.
- Center the bar magnet on the middle of the ramp.
- Now roll each coin and the washers one by one past the magnet.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
U.S. coins are not attracted to magnets so they easily roll past the magnet without sticking. When you try to trick a vending machine with fake coins, most will be magnetic and attract to the magnet in the machine. This will stop the fake coins from counting as real money and prevents the vending machine from being tricked.
Make This A Science Project:
Elevate the ramp and see if speed allows the fake coins to make it past the magnet. Try coating the fake coins with paint and see if they make it past the magnet.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!