Build Your Own Balance Buddy
In this fun, quick, and easy science experiment you will learn how to build your own little Balance Buddy to hang out with and observe the laws of gravity. All you need are a few readily available items and you’ll soon have a wobbling friend that seems to magically stay balanced on the tip of your finger.
- Popsicle stick
- Pipe cleaner
- 2 – Clothespins
- Optional – Markers, googly eyes, etc
- Center the pipe cleaner across one end of the popsicle stick.
- Twist the pipe cleaner in a way that it will not slip off of the popsicle stick. Make sure the pipe cleaner is the same length on either side of the popsicle stick.
- Attach one clothespin to each end of the pipe cleaner.
- Test your Balance Buddy by placing it on the tip of your finger.
- Optional – you can draw a face and decorate your Balance Buddy.
WATCH THE QUICK AND EASY VIDEO TUTORIAL
How it Works:
By adding the clothespins to the pipe cleaner, you move the popsicle’s center of mass to the bottom of the popsicle stick.
Make This A Science Project:
Use a larger stick. Try longer pipe cleaners. Try different items for weights or use more than one clothespin on each end of the pipe cleaner.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!