Bubbling Button Cool Science Experiment
In this fun and easy cool science experiment for kids, we’re going use a chemical reaction to create a bubbling button.
- Can of Sprite soda
- A shirt button that is three quarters of an inch or smaller
- Fill the glass with Sprite.
- Drop the button into the glass.
- Wait a moment and the button will rise to the top of the glass.
- Tap the button lightly with your finger to knock off the air bubbles.
- The button will sink and after several moments it will rise again.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
Sprite is a carbonated soda and contains carbon dioxide. Tiny bubbles of carbon dioxide will stick to the surfaces on the buttons. These bubbles will lift the buttons toward the surface of the soda where they will burst. When the bubbles burst, the buttons sink back toward the bottom of the glass.
Make This A Science Project:
Try other items like raisins, rice, and popcorn kernels. Try different temperatures of soda.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!