Black Light Blue Beverage
- Black Light
- Tonic Water
- Transparent drinking glass
- Sprite or other light colored citrus drink (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Pour tonic water, citrus drink (optional), and ice (optional) into glass.
- Turn on blacklight and shine on drink.
- Watch it turn blue!
- Drink, if you want.
VIDEO COMING SOON BUT YOU CAN STILL ENJOY THESE AWESOME EXPERIMENTS!
How it Works:
There is an ingredient called quinine in tonic water. It is very small amounts of it, but when it interacts with a black light it appears blue.
- If you don’t like the taste of tonic water, try making the ice cubes out of tonic instead. Then you can put them in your light colored citrus drink of choice.
- What happens if you add food coloring to it, like red, does it look purple under the black light?
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!