- Turkey Bones
- 2 Glass Jars
- 2 labels
- A writing utensil
- Collect turkey bones from Thanksgiving dinner and wash them.
- Pour water into one jar and vinegar into the other.
- Label the jars so you know which one is which.
- Place turkey bones into jars and leave for a week.
- Rinse off bones and try to bend them. Which ones bend easier?
VIDEO COMING SOON BUT YOU CAN STILL ENJOY THESE AWESOME EXPERIMENTS!
How it Works:
Bones are filled with calcium carbonate. When calcium carbonate reacts to the vinegar it weakens the bones. Bones need calcium to stay strong, but when it gets altered it becomes weak and bendy.
- Have ham or chicken for Thanksgiving instead? Try those instead. Do they become bendy too?
- Vegetarian? Try pasta instead. Does the vinegar or water make the pasta bendy first? Why do you think that is?
- Try leaving the bones in for two weeks. Do the results stay about the same or does it make a significant difference? How many days is the optimal amount of days?
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!