Balloon Inside A Bottle Science Experiment
In this fun and easy experiment, we’re going to show you how to use science to put a balloon inside a bottle.
Important – This experiment requires adult assistance and supervision.
- Glass bottle with a narrow neck
- Measuring spoon
- Oven mitts
- Use the funnel to put a tablespoon of water in the bottle.
- Heat the bottle in the microwave for one minute. You may need to tilt the bottle in a bowl if it is too tall for the microwave.
- Have an adult remove the bottle with an oven mitt and place it on a secure surface.
- Ask the adult to carefully put the balloon over the mouth of the bottle and observe what happens.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
The water heats up in the microwave and turns to steam. This pushes air out of the bottle. When the steam cools it contracts and turns back into liquid water. This lowers the pressure inside the bottle allowing the higher outside pressure to push the balloon inside the bottle.
Make This A Science Project:
Try this easy balloon experiment with a medical glove. Does adding salt to the water have any noticeable effect on the experiment? Do different amounts of water have any noticeable effect on the rate at which the balloon inverts into the bottle.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!