Balance A House On Your Finger Force And Motion Science Experiment
In this fun and easy force and motion science experiment, we’re going to balance a house on the tip of our finger.
- Stiff cardstock paper or cardboard
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers for decorating your house
- Two clothespins
- Draw an outline of a house on your cardstock or cardboard. Be sure not to make your house no bigger than about four inches on any side.
- Cut your house out.
- Now color it for fun.
- Next, clip a clothespin on each bottom corner of your house.
- Perch the house on your finger and observe how easily it balances.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
When you clip a clothespin to each corner of the house, you move the house’s center of mass to the bottom at the point where the house balances on your finger. This allows the house to easily balance on your fingertip.
Make This A Science Project:
Try cutting out different sized and shaped items. Try using a pipe cleaner to wrap around items and attach a clothespin to each side. Try heavier items.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!