Bag Full Of States Of Matter Easy Science Experiment
In this fun and easy science experiment for kids, we’re going to explore the water cycle and make a bag full of states of matter.
- Ice cube tray
- Food coloring
- Ziplock baggies
- Masking tape
- Fill the ice cube tray with water. Add a drop of food coloring in each section for fun. You can even add several different colors if you like.
- Put the tray into the freezer until it freezes solid.
- Remove the tray from the freezer once the cubes have hardened and put four to six cubes inside your Ziplock bag.
- Zip the baggie closed securely and tape it to a window that will receive lots of sunlight.
- Check back frequently and observe any changes to the ice cubes.
- As you probably expected, the ice cubes eventually melted.
- Now, open the baggie and reattach it to the window with tape in a way that make sure the contents do not spill out and that the bag remains open.
- Check back daily and eventual the liquid will be gone.
EXPLORE AWESOME SCIENCE EXPERIMENT VIDEOS!
How it Works:
When the water freezes it becomes a solid. Once the ice melts, the water returns to its liquid form. Over time, the water will turn into a gas as it evaporates. This entire process is know as the water cycle and it also allows you to observe the three states of matter: solid, liquid, and gas.
Make This A Science Project:
Try zipping the bag closed and observe what happens. Try adding salt to the water before freezing.
EXPLORE TONS OF FUN AND EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS!
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A NEW SCIENCE FUN VIDEO!