SCIENCE FUN For Everyone, SFFE is delighted to be visiting your classroom. In order for you and your class to have the best possible science experience, please read the Frequently asked questions and hints below.
To provide information to your students’ parents about the field trip, simply download the greetings flyer HERE and either:
- Email it directly to your parents (cut down on paper waste) or
- Print it out to send home with the students
Students will learn:
- 5.P.1 Understand force, motion and the relationship between them.
- 5.P.1.1 Explain how factors such as gravity, friction, and change in mass affect the motion of objects.
- 5.P.1.2 Infer the motion of objects in terms of how far they travel in a certain amount of time and the direction in which they travel.
- 5.P.1.3 Illustrate the motion of an object using a graph to show a change in position over a period of time.
- 5.P.1.4 Predict the effect of a given force or a change in mass on the motion of an object.
How do I prepare my classroom?
- Arrange desks/tables into 4 groups
- Please place a small table or desk for the Scientist to use in front of the classroom
- Allow the Scientist to use a portion of your white/chalk board
- Please provide a trash can at the front of the classroom
- Remain in the classroom with your students (for liability reasons)
- If necessary, help maintain appropriate classroom behavior
Do I need to help the scientist?
- We do not require help, but always encourage any teacher or parent participation and support.
Brief Feedback Form
We would greatly appreciate less than a minute of your time, to fill out a very brief feedback form. We are always looking to improve our experience for the students, and your feedback is how we do that!
Connect with Science Fun!
Stay up to date with Science Fun news and events.