Black Light Blue Beverage
- Black Light
- Tonic Water
- Transparent drinking glass
- Sprite or other light colored citrus drink (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Pour tonic water, citrus drink (optional), and ice (optional) into glass.
- Turn on blacklight and shine on drink.
- Watch it turn blue!
- Drink, if you want.
How it Works:
There is an ingredient called quinine in tonic water. It is very small amounts of it, but when it interacts with a black light it appears blue.
- If you don’t like the taste of tonic water, try making the ice cubes out of tonic instead. Then you can put them in your light colored citrus drink of choice.
- What happens if you add food coloring to it, like red, does it look purple under the black light?