Insect Investigator Kit
Learn how to put together a simple and inexpensive kit to start locating and investigating insects and bugs.
- Magnifying glass
- Containers with lids
- Bag or backpack
- Gather the magnifying glass, containers with lids, tweezers, notebook, pencil and any other items you will need for your Insect Investigator Kit in the backpack.
- Carry your net and explore areas for insects.
- Use your net and tweezers to gently collect insect specimens.
- Place the specimens in the containers.
- Observe with the magnifying glass.
- Write your observations in the notebook.
- Release the insects.
How it Works:
An entomologist is a scientist that studies and observes insects.
Make This A Science Project:
Use you Insect Investigator Kit to explore a specific area at different times throughout the year. Did you find different insects?