SCIENCE FUN For Everyone, SFFE is delighted to be visiting your classroom. In order for you and your class to have the best possible science experience, please read the Frequently asked questions and hints below.
To provide information to your students’ parents about the field trip, simply download the greetings flyer HERE and either:
- Email it directly to your parents (cut down on paper waste) or
- Print it out to send home with the students
- 2.E.1 Understand patterns of weather and factors that affect weather.
- 2.E.1.1 Summarize how energy from the sun serves as a source of light that warms the land, air and water.
- 2.E.1.2 Summarize weather conditions using qualitative and quantitative measures to describe temperature, wind speed and direction, and precipitation.
- 2.E.1.3 Compare weather patterns that occur over time and relate observable patterns to time of day and time of year.
- 2.E.1.4 Recognize the tools that scientists use for observing, recording, and predicting weather changes from day to day and during the seasons.
- Arrange desks/tables into 5 groups
- Please place a small table or desk for the Scientist to use in front of the classroom
- Allow the Scientist to use a portion of your white/chalk board
- Please provide a trash can at the front of the classroom
- Remain in the classroom with your students (for liability reasons)
- If necessary, help maintain appropriate classroom behavior
- We do not require help, but always encourage any teacher or parent participation and support.
Brief Feedback Form:
We would greatly appreciate less than a minute of your time, to fill out a very brief feedback form. We are always looking to improve our experience for the students, and your feedback is how we do that!