Frequently Asked Questions about Camps
Q: What should I do to prepare for camp and what should I bring?
A: Please prepare your children for how much fun they are going to have!
In addition, please bring to camp:
- A non-refrigerated lunch each day (or you may purchase lunch). We will provide campers with snacks aka “edible experiments” each day (twice a day for full day campers and once a day for half-day). If your child has any food allergies, please make sure to note that on your registration. Please clearly label all of your child’s belongings.
- We ask that you please send your junior scientists with a labeled water bottle.
- Children should dress comfortably and in clothes that can get messy. We ask that children not wear open toed shoes.
Q: How long is the camp?
A: Each camp theme is 1 week-long.
Q: What are the camp hours?
A: Full Day Camp: 9:30am – 4:30pm,
Lunch and “Brain Break Fun”: 12:30pm -1:30pm
Half Day Camp, AM: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Half Day Camp, PM: 1:30pm – 4:30pm
Q: Do you offer early drop off or late pick-up?
A: Early arrival and/or late pick-up can be added to your camp package. If you sign up for early arrival, your camper may be dropped off at 8:30 am. After camp-care is available until 5:30pm.
Q: What is the difference between a Full Day and a Half Day Camp?
A: The child in the Full Day Program does twice as many activities as the child in the Half Day Program. The 2 sessions will also have different science subjects and experiments.
Q: My Child has already attended a Science Fun “In-school field trip”… is Science Camp different?
A: YES, completely different! Many new experiments are designed each year for a FULL week of Hands-on Fun!
Q: Is there a camp that is better for older/younger children?
A: All camps are designed for the older/younger group. The children are grouped by ages so the Scientists explain and implement experiments at an age appropriate level. Camps are designed for grades K-6th
Q: What is your inclement weather policy and do you offer refunds in the event of a closing?
A:Safety is our number one priority, for our staff and our campers. If our staff can safely make it to the Lab, then we will be open. If not, then we will close. We will do our best to make up any missed experiments during the remainder of the camp. No partial refunds are offered for weather closings.
Q: Can I request children to be in the same group?
A: YES, Please do… camp is fun and friends should be together! Please provide this information on the Registration form or talk with any of the Scientist’s on the first day of camp.
Q: Is payment due in full when I register?
A: You must submit payment in full to reserve a spot for your child. If you are using the on-line registration system you may pay by credit card or echeck. For Summer Camps, you may choose to pay 50% of the camp tuition when registering and pay the remainder any time before the first week of June 9th. If you sign up after June 10th, then the full balance is due upon the time of registration.
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: (1) Cancellations that occur 30 days or more prior to the start of camp will receive a full refund, minus a $15 processing fee.
(2) Cancellations that occur between 14 to 30 days prior to the start of camp, will receive a full refund, minus a $50 Cancellation fee.
(3) If Cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the start of camp, 50% of paid fees will be refunded or a full camp credit may be issued for future camps.
(4) No refunds will be issued once camp begins.
(5) Should your child be removed from a camp due to behavioral issues, there will be no refund.
Q: Who are the SCIENCE FUN for Everyone! Camp Counselors “Scientist”?
A: All of our Scientists are degreed professionals that have experience working in elementary school classrooms, year-round. They are passionate about having fun, learning and children! In addition, all of our staff members go through a background check and the Lunsford Act check. We take the safety of your children very seriously.
Q: Can I sign my child up for more than one camp?
A: Yes, of course… in fact, we encourage it and offer multi camp discounts. We offer a wide variety of camps for every scientific interest and our average camper enrolls in 2-camps per year. Many of our campers enroll for 4 one-week sessions giving them the chance to build long-lasting friendships and not miss out on any cool science experiences. We offer the sessions in one-week increments to allow Science Fun families to cater their camp experience to their own schedule and interest.
Q: How old does my child have to be to attend Science Fun Camp?
A: Due to the pace of our programs, we require that all campers have completed at least one quarter of Kindergarten before the start of their camp.
Q: Can SCIENCE FUN for Everyone! “Sizzlin’ Science Camp” come to my location?
A: YES, we can bring a Sizzlin’ Science Camp to you! All you need is a min. of 15 children and a place to hold the camp and we will come to you! We can adjust the start time, length of day, number of days or customize our programming to exactly match your needs.
Location needs for a camp are pretty simple…
- All we need is:
- Table/desk space and a chair for each camper
- A table for the Scientists equipment
- Access to electricity and water
- A nearby outside area