Our Place in Space
SCIENCE FUN For Everyone, SFFE is delighted to be visiting your classroom. In order for you and your class to have the best possible science experience, please read the Frequently asked questions and hints below.
To provide information to your students’ parents about the field trip, simply download the greetings flyer HERE and either:
- Email it directly to your parents (cut down on paper waste) or
- Print it out to send home with the students
Students will learn:
- 3.E.1 Recognize the major components and patterns observed in the earth/moon/sun system.
- 3.E.1.1 Recognize that the earth is part of a system called the solar system that includes the sun (a star), planets, and many moons and the earth is the third planet from the sun in our solar system.
- 3.E.1.2 Recognize that changes in the length and direction of an object’s shadow indicate the apparent changing position of the Sun during the day although the patterns of the stars in the sky, to include the Sun, stay the same.
How do I prepare my classroom?
- Arrange desks/tables into 4 groups
- Please place a small table or desk for the Scientist to use in front of the classroom
- Allow the Scientist to use a portion of your white/chalk board
- Please provide a trash can at the front of the classroom
- Remain in the classroom with your students (for liability reasons)
- If necessary, help maintain appropriate classroom behavior
Do I need to help the scientist?
- We do not require help, but always encourage any teacher or parent participation and support.
Brief Feedback Form
We would greatly appreciate less than a minute of your time, to fill out a very brief feedback form. We are always looking to improve our experience for the students, and your feedback is how we do that!
Connect with Science Fun!
Stay up to date with Science Fun news and events.