SCIENCE FUN For Everyone, SFFE is delighted to be visiting your classroom. In order for you and your class to have the best possible science experience, please read the Frequently asked questions and hints below.
To provide information to your students’ parents about the field trip, simply download the greetings flyer HERE and either:
- Email it directly to your parents (cut down on paper waste) or
- Print it out to send home with the students
Students will learn:
- 3.P.1 Understand motion and factors that affect motion.
- 3.P.1.1 Infer changes in speed or direction resulting from forces acting on an object.
- 3.P.1.2 Compare the relative speeds (faster or slower) of objects that travel the same distance in different amounts of time.
- 3.P.1.3 Explain the effects of earth’s gravity on the motion of any object on or near the earth.
How do I prepare my classroom?
- Arrange desks/tables into 2 groups
- Please place a small table or desk for the Scientist to use in front of the classroom
- Allow the Scientist to use a portion of your white/chalk board
- Please provide a trash can at the front of the classroom
- Remain in the classroom with your students (for liability reasons)
- If necessary, help maintain appropriate classroom behavior
Do I need to help the scientist?
- We do not require help, but always encourage any teacher or parent participation and support.
Brief Feedback Form
We would greatly appreciate less than a minute of your time, to fill out a very brief feedback form. We are always looking to improve our experience for the students, and your feedback is how we do that!
Connect with Science Fun!
Stay up to date with Science Fun news and events.