SCIENCE FUN For Everyone, SFFE is delighted to be visiting your classroom. In order for you and your class to have the best possible science experience, please read the Frequently asked questions and hints below.
To provide information to your students’ parents about the field trip, simply download the greetings flyer HERE and either:
- Email it directly to your parents (cut down on paper waste) or
- Print it out to send home with the students
- 5.P.2 Understand the interactions of matter and energy and the changes that occur.
- 5.P.2.1 Explain how the sun’s energy impacts the processes of the water cycle (including, evaporation, transpiration, condensation, precipitation and runoff).
- 5.P.2.2 Compare the weight of an object to the sum of the weight of its parts before and after an interaction.
- 5.P.2.3 Summarize properties of original materials, and the new material(s) formed, to demonstrate that a change has occurred.
- 5.P.3 Explain how the properties of some materials change as a result of heating and cooling.
- 5.P.3.1 Explain the effects of the transfer of heat (either by direct contact or at a distance) that occurs between objects at different temperatures. (conduction, convection or radiation).
- 5.P.3.2 Explain how heating and cooling affect some materials and how this relates to their purpose and practical applications.
- Put students into groups of about 4 or 5
- Please place a small table or desk for the Scientist to use in front of the classroom
- Allow the Scientist to use a portion of your white/chalk board
- Please provide a trash can at the front of the classroom
- Remain in the classroom with your students (for liability reasons)
- If necessary, help maintain appropriate classroom behavior
- We do not require help, but always encourage any teacher or parent participation and support.
Brief Feedback Form:
We would greatly appreciate a moment of your time, to fill out a very brief feedback form. We are always looking to improve our experience for the students, and your feedback is how we do that!